The HW Prototype 12is a twelve cylinder mid-engined supercar. It is one of a couple Hot Wheels cars to have HW in its name, as it being one of the first ones to have it.
The HW Prototype 12 has come out in the following 1/64 scale versions:
|Col #||Year||Series||Color||Tampo||Base Color / Type||Window Color||Interior Color||Wheel Type||Toy #||Country||Notes||Photo|
|036||2002||First Editions #24||Metalflake Dark Orange||Silver headlight tampos||Unpainted / Metal||Purple tint||Gray||PR5||?????||Malaysia|
|Metalflake Dark Orange||Silver headlight tampos||Unpainted / Metal||Purple tint||Gray||5SP||?||Malaysia|
|2003||Track Aces #2||Metaflake Orange||yellow/black/white/orange tampos||Unpainted / Metal||Clear||Gray||PR5||?????||Malaysia|
|2/2||2006||3 Kings Car Holiday||Metallic Silver||Dark Red and Gold flaming rally stripes||Unpainted / Metal||Clear||Red||5SP||L3728||Malaysia|
|5pk||2008||Top Speed GT||Metalflake Red||"4" with Black, White and Gold racing tampos||Unpainted / Metal||Clear||Tan||5SP||L9969||Malaysia|
|2008||Metallic Red||"4" with Black, White and Gold racing tampos. Bottom side stamp B12||Unpainted / Metal||Clear||Tan||5SP||5pk||Thailand|
|5pk||2010||Rock 'N' Road||White and transparent Dark Blue||Orange and Lime Green strips, "HW PROTOTYPE " Motorsports, "12" and Hot Wheels Logo & "Leeway Motorsports"||Black / Plastic||Blue||White||PR5||R7661||Thailand|
|5pk||2012||Max Steel : Core Overload||X1111||Thailand|
|5pk||2014||Flame Fighters or HW City 5||White||Black flames, "484", "FIRE" and "HotWheels Fire Dept." logo on the sides||Chrome / Plastic||Orange tint||Black||PR5||BFB34||Thailand||Base code(s): G36|
|N/A||2016||Mystery Models #05||Orange||Black, Green, White, and Light Orange around '12'||Unpainted / Metal||Purple tint||Black||PR5||Y8127||Malaysia|
- The HW Prototype 12's body appears to be heavily inspired by the 1993 McLaren F1.
- HW Prototype 12 is the Prototype car Dr. Peter Justice had designed in Hot Wheels: Velocity X. The car's speed was capable of bending the light around it to make it look invisible, and could also be used for time travel. Otto Von Diesel, however, stole the car and Dr. Justice had his son Max disable and retrieve it.
- Its color in this game follows a similar color to the 2002 First Editions variant.
- It is also the fastest car in the game, with a regular top speed of 184 mph (296 km/h).
- The car was seen multiple times in Hot Wheels: World Race; it's first appearance is after Kurt Wylde's cover was blown and prior to the last leg of the World Race.